hello doctor i am 26 years and a nursing mother i have a habit of eating raw rice i just wanted to know if this habit will affect my haemoglobin level?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
No: It will not affect your haemoglobin level. It could get stuck in the diverticulum or out pouching of the intestines and possibly cause diverticulitis. It might also cause dental problems. See a specialist if you want to stop this compulsion.
Answered on Aug 22, 2017
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience Medical Oncology
No, it will not: Rice does not have any effect on Iron absorption or metabolism. The best way to find out your Hb is to get a CBC done and check the results of your Hemoglobin. it should be over 12-13 grams.
Answered on Aug 22, 2017