ZA

I woke up this morning with pins and needles on the left side of my head/scalp like the feeling when your foot is sleeping and you can't feel it. what can it be? the feeling came back slowly when i moved my neck.

Dr. Andrew Shiller
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 26 years experience
Occipital neuraglia?: The occipital nerve comes out of the upper part of the spine. You may have slept with your neck twisted, or maybe you had an old neck injury? If you put pressure on the upper nerve roots you can get a 'sleeping nerve' feeling in your scalp. If it doesn't come back, don't worry about it. If it persists, do some gentle neck rang of motion exercises if you know how, or get a PT referral.
Dr. Daniel Beukes
See if pattern: If everything is working and no symptoms in arms and hands one can observe and see if certain posistion trigger it. If no other symptoms, give some time, make notes on frequency, what improves symptoms ect. If change or increase in symptoms, let you friendly FP take a look

Last updated Nov 18, 2018