ZA

I woke up this morning with pins and needles on the left side of my head/scalp like the feeling when your foot is sleeping and you can't feel it. what can it be? the feeling came back slowly when i moved my neck.

Dr. Andrew Shiller
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 27 years experience
Occipital neuraglia?: The occipital nerve comes out of the upper part of the spine. You may have slept with your neck twisted, or maybe you had an old neck injury? If you put pressure on the upper nerve roots you can get a 'sleeping nerve' feeling in your scalp. If it doesn't come back, don't worry about it. If it persists, do some gentle neck rang of motion exercises if you know how, or get a PT referral.
Last updated Mar 25, 2022