CO

Severe preeclampsia in 2014, since had breathing troubles, chest tightness, dizziness and tachycardia. my ef in echos are as follows: 4/18/17 - 58%, 5/24/16 - 60%, 4/7/14 - 70%. is it normal for ef to drop 12% in 3 yrs? is 58% truly normal for 34 yo?

Dr. Donald Colantino
EF: There is mild concern over the progressive decrease in your EF but a cardiologist would be best to evaluate and explain your symptoms which are of concern. I feel your EF of 58 is borderline normal. There may be an element of diastolic dysfunction from hypertension and this type of dysfunction often has a normal EF.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 37 years experience
Mgt: The symptoms that you are experiencing are concerning. I would suggest an evaluation for CHF and pulmonary hypertension.

Last updated Aug 5, 2017