taking a noc 6mg lunesta, 30mg valium(5mg , plus 75mg effexer? i'm supposed to be on adderall 40mg day. what otc can be used 2 get me off them.

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Voran
Drugs aren't the sol: Amanda, It's disconcerting and disheartening to read that you're looking for.yet another drug to help you with a host of underlying problems. The long-term solution is a gradual withdrawal from your highly dependent medications. You're essentially taking uppers (Adderall) along with a number of downers (Valium and Lunesta) just like in the good old 60's and 70's. Stay on Effexor and nix others
Answered on Jul 29, 2017
Dr. Laura Anissian
Medications: Good to hear you would like to get off of the Lunesta and Valium as these are not good for long term use. I would suggest you seek help with prescribing M.D. to taper off of these. As for replacement, there are no great alternatives that are OTC. Better would be to seek help with behavioral therapy, sleep therapy, meditation etc. to help you overcome insomnia and anxiety. Good luck!
Answered on Jul 29, 2017
1
Dr. David Voran
Dr. David Voran commented
Completely agree with Dr. Anissian's recommendation to seek professional help in tapering off these medications as it's going to require significant Behavioral therapy. Bottom line, there's not a drug solution to a drug problem.
Jul 29, 2017