India

Hello. i just had a very bad food poisoning (temporarily living in india). the doctor here took a blood test to check for dengue and malaria. came back negative, however my neutrophils count was high (88) and lymphocytes low (8). is that normap durin?

Dr. Richard Zimon
High: neutrophils with low lymphocytes is seen in bacterial infections and in some EARLY viral infections. It seems to me that your specific problem involves a lot more possible infectious age than Dengue and Malaria (which is NOT a Gastrointestinal disease!!) Hope this is helpful Dr Z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 29, 2017