I'm 46, no period for three months, trouble sleeping, thirsty all of the time, with crampy aches in my pelvic region, back pain, not sexually active?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Your symptoms: could be a manifestation of early menopause, but they could also be caused by other diseases including uncontrolled diabetes, infection in the pelvic region or urinary tract, or overweight. These potential causes need to be sorted out by an experienced healthcare professional. Thanks for trusting in HealthTap.

Answered 7/25/2017

605 views

Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Menopause?: These symptoms are what health professionals call "nonspecific". That means they don't point strongly to any particular cause and many conditions can be responsible, making it difficult to judge the cause. At age 46, of course menopause is the usual explanation for no periods, and could cause some of your other symptoms. But it could be more. See your doctor and take it from there. Good luck!

Answered 7/25/2017

605 views

Multiple symptoms : You need an examination and probably labs to see what may be going on

Answered 7/25/2017

605 views