NY

Period is 9 days late. i was sexually active a month ago. my bf pulled out. taken 2 hpt and it has come back negative. in the last month, i have driven 6hrs to school, diet has changed, stress from school & change in sleep. had mild cramps for 2 week?

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Possible stress: All of the things you mentioned can certainly make someone miss a period or be late. If you don’t get your period in the next 2 weeks, I would recommend doing another test, just to be sure. Meanwhile, try to maintain a healthy diet, get more sleep, and try to relax if possible. It is very common for the added stress of worrying about pregnancy to also make a period late.
Last updated Feb 25, 2021