I'm on Teva-Trimel DS 800mg/160mg tablets. I am taking two tablets daily for an infection on my leg. Can I drink alcohol? and how much alcohol?1drink?

48 years experience in Pathology
None: Alcohol is a poison that never did anybody any good, ever. It is bad enough for a healthy person to drink, and doubly bad for someone with your health issues. Stay away from alcohol. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine, if you are under 27 years of age.
Answered on Jul 17, 2017