my liver enzymes are high from my lab work this morning. ast 51, alt 216 and alca... 211. gallbladder/lots of gravel like stones removed 4 days ago. should i be concerned?!

48 years experience Pathology
Not yet: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, your should wait about three months to repeat the tests. If you drink alcohol, quit entirely. If you are overweight, lose weight. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Answered on Oct 25, 2018