I run every day and lift weights.smoked for 10 years but stopped 4 months ago. i cough blood every few weeks(drops)but don't have a cough to speak of?

Pathology 44 years experience
Good for you: Congratulations on stopping smoking. Let me urge you to visit your physician for a chest x-ray on the long shot that your coughing up blood is from a slow-growing cancer. Most of us get a few chest colds each year, you perhaps more because you're an ex-smoker, and this is the likely source of your coughing blood up. Again, glad you're living a great lifestyle.

Last updated Dec 10, 2013