U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Muskegon, MI
A 41-year-old female asked about a male:

My son is experiencing hearing loss (side: one side only) , ear ache (worsened by: after swimming) (severity: moderate) (quality: sensation of pre...

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Be seen: Would need exam of canal to determine cause. Most commonly would be from wax occlusion or external ear infection (swimmers ear). Don't hesitate to have him seen, likely very treatable.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 4, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.