U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 54-year-old male asked:

I am experiencing ear ache (severity: moderate) (worsened by: air travel) (unaffected by: swimming) (associated with: dull or aching sensation, sensation of pressure or fullness) (not associated with: sharp or stabbing feeling, throbbing sensation), sore

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Doctor can evaluate: In an adult, pain or pressure on one side of the head, with some earache, can be from an ear infection, a sinus infection, eustachian tube dysfunction, or some problem inside the throat. A doctor can evaluate to see if antibiotics are needed. Occasionally, shingles can happen on the head and cause similar symptoms (antiviral medicine is the treatment).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 30, 2019

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.