MA

Just a single tooth extraction.what's the care for after tooth surgery?dentist told me to keep the gauze in my mouth.i use teabag.it's good?no rinse&spit.shouldn't brush tonight?swallowed some saliva&blood after extraction.is that harmful to my body?

Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dentistry 38 years experience
See below: The most important question is to have a treatment plan to replace the tooth that was already extracted. Are you planning for an implant? Speak to the dentist about all options.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Ask Dentist: Your Dentist should have both verbal and written instructions for you. Do not brush or rinse for at least 48 hrs. Once bleeding stops discontinue gauze/teabag. Swallowing saliva/blood not harmful. Soft high-protein diet for a few days. Make arrangement for tooth replacement to prevent bite collapse.

Last updated Nov 27, 2017