Warsaw, NC

I had a ultrasound and pelvic exam done and the doctor said it was a miscarriage and my hcg levels at that time were 15. i just don't understand.

Pathology 50 years experience
See below: It is likely that you had spontaneous loss of an early pregnancy, which is not uncommon. About 25% of early pregnancies are lost, mostly due to chromosomal defects in the embryo. Usually the only manifestation is a slightly heavy, delayed period. Your HCG at 15 suggests that you were pregnant but lost the embryo. An HCG level greater than 25 is diagnostic of pregnancy. You may consult this site: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pregnancy-loss-miscarriage/home/ovc-20213664
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 15, 2017