NC

My cyl on my eye exam was -1.25 od and -.75 os. do i have astigmatism? is it severe enough that i need toric contact lenses?

Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology 25 years experience
Glasses: Is that the full Rx for each eye? Is so, there is no astigmatism correction and you do it need Toric contact lenses.
Dr. Deepak Raja
Ophthalmology 18 years experience
Yes and maybe. : If those are the cylinder values, then yes you have some mild astigmatism. It doesn't mean you need toric contacts though. Some people do not wear contacts that correlate to their glasses prescription with regards to astigmatism. The only way is to get fitted for contacts by an eye care provider and see!

Last updated May 15, 2017