United Kingdom

I have aches in left leg, different places mainly in the front of the lower leg and knee, no swelling and not hot to touch. my mother thinks dvt?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Not likely: It is possible, but the symptoms you describe are not classic for Dvt. If you or your mother are concerned, a simple ultrasound can be done to check for it. Classically a dvt in the leg causes posterior leg pain and swelling, usually not any symptoms in the front of the leg. Again, don't hesitate to be seen. An exam would go a long way in determining the likely cause.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Vascular Surgery 43 years experience
Dvt: DVT is highly unlikely the source of her discomfort. The more likely diagnosis may be shin splints. If it persists I would recommend evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon.
Last updated Sep 28, 2018