U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Naugatuck, CT
A 18-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing vaginal itching, vaginal irritation, genital itching and skin rash (quality: itchiness, bumpy) . the following also describe me:...

1 doctor answer9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 55 years experience
Yeast infection?: The main cause of symptoms like this is vaginal yeast infection. Best to see a doctor and follow her advice for treatment. Or you might try an over-the-counter treatment (look for a product with active incredient ending in "azole", e.g. miconazole, clotrimazole, etc. But for sure see a doctor if symptoms don't clear up in a few days.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

Last updated Apr 11, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.