A male asked:

hi, my son was just diagnosed with osteochondroma on his heal. he is in abit of pain. is this a concern?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Pump Bump.: It sounds like your son has developed a Haglunds deformity. Also known as a pump bump, it is an enlargement of the posterior surface of the heel bone. Osteochondroma is the most common benign tumor of the bone. Causing the enlargement can be high arches, tight heel cords or even walking on the outside of the heel. Consult with a specialist as treatment varies in line with age, severity and cause