TN

i have had an allergic reaction to bactrim, i currently have hives from head to toe, literally. what dose of benadryl can i take?

Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 10 years experience
Depends: Benadryl is sedating and interacts with alcohol and other sedating meds. 25mg is usually a good starting point. Always read and follow the directions provided with any otc medication. Also recommend a long-acting medication such as cetirizine for sustained effect when treating new hives) Notify the treating physician and, if hives occur in other circumstances, see an Allergist.