U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 60-year-old male asked:

I am experiencing chest pain or discomfort (quality: feels sharp or stabbing) (worsened by: after sudden movements, after deep breaths) (better by...

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
See doctor: Chest pain in a 60yo male needs to be taken seriously. While there are a variety of causes please make sure you have heart and lung problems rapidly ruled out. Recommend you present to an emergency department or an accident and medical clinic or doctor urgently.
Dr. Louise Andrew
A Verified Doctoranswered
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
You need to be seen: This pain pattern means something is irritating the lining of your lung It could be serious or not. Someone needs to examine you and if it is not clearly muscular, get an xray. Good luck to you!

Similar questions

Brooklyn, NY
A 22-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing chest pain or discomfort (quality: feels sharp or stabbing, sensation of tearing pain) (worsened by: after sudden movements, ben...

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Time to see doctor: Chest pain is a sign that she should talk with her doctor; or go to an E.R. if pain is moderate or worse. In young adults, chest pain is less likely a heart attack. She should not drive (get a ride, or go by ambulance). If it turns out not to be costochondritis, myocarditis, anxiety attack symptoms, or heart attack, the ER will also have checked for problems like a collapsed lung or a pneumonia.
Last updated Apr 12, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.