blood work done my hsv 1-2 were high 12 and 1.24 what does that mean never had a break out cold sore look it up says herpes how so confused pls help?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Probably HSV1, not 2: Check the exact test you had. If it was HerpeSelect, and if your HSV1 result was 12 and HSV2 1.24: You have HSV1, but so do half of all adults; probably an oral infection, even without cold sores. However, probably not HSV2: most true positive results are over 3.5, and 1.24 is very low. So probably you don't have genital herpes. Repeat testing may sort it out. Good luck!
Answered on Apr 7, 2017
1