GB

I'm supposed 2 b cing a friend 2day but she came into contact with some1 with norovirus on sun as i'm pregnant&my daughter is under 3 should i risk it

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Norovirus can be bad: Infections cause by noroviruses can quite severe and many people end up in the hospital, especially young children and the elderly. Severe nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, abdominal cramps, fever, achiness, headaches are common symptoms. an infected individual may continue to shed the virus for 2 weeks. I can only provide you the guidance/information here, but the choice is yours. Good luck.
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Norovirus has an: incubation period of up to 4 days. If it's been more than 4 days since your friend was exposed, and she herself hasn't had symptoms, she didn't catch the virus and can't pass it on to anyone else. If you're not sure, you could reschedule her visit just to be safe. It's always advisable to wash hands after using the bathroom and avoid sharing food, drinks and eating utensils. Dr. Anne

Last updated Jan 5, 2019