Why did my ear randomly started crackling? I have not been in a pool or anything. It could be phone radition maybe because I was on the phone.

Dr. Murray Grossan
72 years experience in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Possible Eustachian: when you have nasal congestion, that swelling also involves the opening from the nose to the middle ear called the Eustachian Tube. When your ET is swollen, air in the middle ear gets absorbed, creating a vacuum. The you yawn or the tube opens, there is a crackling from the sudden change in air pressure. You also may be describing jaw joint swelling.
Answered on Mar 9, 2017