i have noticed a tremor in my right hand only which came for the first time in november for approx 3 weeks and then again last week. could this be linked to ms? is it worth mentioning to my neurologist? i also have a 12x12x11 meningioma in ventricle

2 doctor answers
Dr. Donald Colantino
Tremor: Mention this to your neurologist. If the tremor occurs at rest (intention tremor) it may be the type seen in families and treated with beta blockers or primadone. If it occurs while at rest, it could be a sign of early Parkinson's disease which may progress and is treated with different medications.
Answered on Feb 1, 2017
1
1
Dr. Donald Colantino
Provided original answer
I meant to say that intention tremors occur with use and not at rest.
Feb 1, 2017
Dr. Bert Liang
Specializes in Neurology
Ventricle?: Having a meningioma in the ventricle of the brain, and in a young woman, would be distinctly unusual. Please clarify this specifically with your doctor, since it has implications regarding other neurologic symptoms/syndromes which might influence the noted tremor. Since imaging was no doubt done, it would be appropriate to ensure an MRI was performed with all sequences for a detailed evaluation.
Answered on Apr 11, 2017