Vineland, NJ
A male asked:

I can feel an see my pulse in my right wrist i have anxiety is this normal i've never felt this before an i am worried?

Dr. Mohammad Ashori
It's not concerning: When you are anxious, or even during normal times, it can be perfectly fine to see your vessels pulsating in various areas of your body. The next, the inner elbow and the wrist are common areas. Some will even feel their pulse in their throat or sides of the head. These symptoms alone are not a cause for concern.
Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology 15 years experience
Would not worry: The pulse in your wrist is not likely abnormal. In fact there is a specific point and similar areas around the body where a pulse can be observed. And of course anxiety can increase heart rate which may in turn increase the pulse. Hope this helps your anxiety. Be well.

Last updated May 24, 2018