Ireland

I have a sharp pain in the left side of my chest close to my armpit that comes ands go and a cough. it doesn't feel like its over the cough?

Dr.
Chest Pain: If what you have has been going for weeks, it might be related to muscular problem or other structures of the chest not of much concern. However, if the pain has been for short period of time, you better gets it checked out. Pain worse with breathing or coughing might indicates problems with the lung itself or surrounding cover of it Pain that is constant all the time might be due to heart issue.
Dr. Mohammad Ashori
Agree with colleague: Agree with my colleague. If you aren't having shortness of breath when you walk or exert yourself and no fevers and are able to function otherwise then I would watch it. If it's getting worse then agree that it's best to be seen to have a chest xray and an EKG done.

Last updated Aug 18, 2018