A male asked:

i took a urine cotinine test this morning for pre employment and i stopped chewing tobacco 11 days ago, will i pass? i'm done with nicotine.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Clarence Grim
56 years experience Endocrinology
Pee test 4 nicotine: I took a urine cotinine test this morning for pre employment and I stopped chewing tobacco 11 days ago, will I pass? I'm done with nicotine. ANS: Good judgement on stopping. Depends on which test they use and how much had been stored in your body. So let us know. If + tell them that you want to be retested as it may have been the chewing. Suspect they are most interested in smoking.
Answered on Sep 22, 2017
24 years experience Psychiatry
May not pass: “When someone stops using tobacco & nicotine products, it can take more than 2 weeks for the blood level of cotinine to drop to the level that a non-tobacco user would have & several weeks more for the urine level to decrease to a very low concentration.” REF: http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/nicotine/tab/test/
Answered on Aug 27, 2019