Cary, NC

I have had extreme right flank and back pain for 2 days went to my dr blood in urine ct scan results a 1.5 stone on left,why is right sidehurtingsobad?

Dr.
Renal colic : The pain of a renal colic can be excruciating. You may experience pain on the opposite side if there is an associated kidney infection as well which is common with kidney stones. There is also a possibility of another tiny stone passing through the right side but it was not picked up on a kidney scan. If the pain gets worse at any stage you will need to visit your nearest urgent care clinic
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 59 years experience
Kidney stone pain: F of unknown age and unknown history of renal stones notes; I have had extreme right flank and back pain for 2 days went to my Dr blood in urine ct scan results a 1.5 stone on left,why is right sidehurtingsobad? ANS: CT read on wrong side? Stone on R passed? Some stones cannot be seen on CT-if your stone is one of these kinds U may have R one causing pain.
Last updated Mar 12, 2021