Anoka, MN

if i took one advil 200mg capsule can i also take dayquil?

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Yes: you can, and watch for different dayquil(s), at any rate none interacts with advil

What thing reinforces the fibrous capsule to help prevent dislocation of the joint?

Dr. Paul Cohen
Connective tissue: I believe you post is looking for either 'connective tissue', or fascia. Each joint has plent of tendinous/ligamentous support to prevent dislocation; it is when these tissues develop laxity that the dislocation occurs.

Is sheep placenta capsule good for woman who is going to have baby?

No, not related: Eating an animal's placenta, or any other part of an animal, does not have a predictable effect on a woman's body. Chemicals, hormones, and nutrients in food (whether in a capsule or on a dinner plate), are digested in the woman's stomach. If a woman ate large amounts of one animal organ, then problems can develop. If hormones are needed, fertility doctors can prescribe high quality exact amounts.

Is it bad if after giving a toddler ib profin his fever is only taken down to 99.5 and not normal. Over an hour has passed sincemed. Pediatricians?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Fever: 99.5 is low-grade fever and may actually help fight the cause (cold/ear infection/whatever) tepid/luke-warm bath or cloths applied to forehead may assist. Never give a med sooner than prescribed: if the instructions say every 4 to 6 hours, follow those directions. Since the fever (what was it originally?) has dropped to almost "normal" within an hour, do not be concerned. Monitor the temperature.
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Provided original answer
Remember: "normal temperature" is a range, not a single number. our temp varies throughout the day. when it goes over 102-103 in child & doesn't drop after med, see doc for further evaluation
Jan 28, 2012

I am to take 50, 000 iu of vitamin d (my level is 26.7) once a week. Could I take one capsule every other week and still benefit?

Dr. Hanriet Minasian
Yes: With that level, you will still get the benefit, but it will take your vitamin d storage a little longer to build up. Vitamin d is fat soluble, which means that our body will continue to store it. Levels can easily be assessed with blood testing.

Can I take nurofen one hour after taking panadol (acetaminophen)?

Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Pain Management 35 years experience
Yes: I had to do a bit of research as nurofen and panadol are not common names of medications in the us. Nurofen is apparently a combination of Ibuprofen and phenylephrine and panadol is paracetamol (acetaminophen, in us parlance.) based up this information, i see no reason that these medications cannot be used in tandem. The meds do not significantly interact.