Started with cold sore on cheek, sore on roof of month, feel like sores in throat now painful red dots on tip of my tongue.

Dr. Louise Andrew
45 years experience in Emergency Medicine
Could be serious: This sounds like an innocent disease called herpangina from a virus that mostly affects children. And it is possible you have it, if you are exposed to children. However, you are 62. At this age some other more serious things could be happening and I would urge you to see a clinician soon. Meanwhile for comfort you can use warm salt water gargles and Tylenol. Good luck!
Answered on Dec 15, 2016
1