OR

can someone catch influenza flu even if there over fever?

Dr. Patrick Connerly
Yes: The virus continues to be effective as long as the person is coughing or sneezing.

How do babies get the flu?

Dr. Scott Tomaine
Person to person: The flu is spread like any other cold virus, through close contact with an infected person. The flu, however, can have more serious complications than "the common cold." the best way to prevent from getting the flu is to wash your hands well and get vaccinated. If your baby is over 6 months, he or she should be vaccinated, and if under 6 months, all caregivers should get the vaccine.

Can I nurse if I have the flu?

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Yes: Absoutely yes! there is no problem with you nursing while you are sick or specifically have the flu. In fact, the baby will get some immune protection from you in the form of specific antibodies in the breast milk. As long as you are careful to cover your mouth and wash your hands thoroughly before and after feeding you should be fine.

What temperature is considered a fever in my baby?

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
100.5 F or 37.9 C: Measured rectally, which is the most correct way to take temperature under 2 months or so.

What should I do when my baby gets the flu?

Dr. Ruben Nazario
Specializes in Pediatrics
Fever control, fluids: The symptoms of the flu can range from mild to serious. If your baby has the flu, make sure he or she is taking fluids well and that you can control high fevers with appropriate doses of Acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Signs that indicate your baby is getting sicker include rapid breathing, decreased number of wet diapers (which could indicate dehydration), and decreased activity level.

How to handle 102 fever in 2 year old

Tylenol (acetaminophen) +/- see DR.: A normal, healthy, happy toddler who gets a fever of 102 (but no other symptoms) most likely has caught a virus, or a bacterial ear or throat infection. A first step is to give tylenol (acetaminophen) or motrin, which will lower the fever for a few hours. Then, one decides when to see a doctor (today, tomorrow, or later) depending on how ill the toddler appears. Sick-looking children should a doctor very soon.

Last updated Dec 14, 2016