i have alopecia areata & am on a presc. shampoo & cream to see if it will help. i have 1 half dollar size patch and was curious if i can dye my hair?

Dr. Dominic Mazzocchi
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Scalp issues: seeing how you have an area with no hair I would recommend hair dye at this time wait till it clears up and there hair has grown back completely
Answered on Jun 7, 2017
1
1
Dr. Susan Rhoads
I suspect that Dr. Mazzocchi means do not use hair dye. Sometimes, it is difficult to spot our own typos, and suspect he meant to say "no hair dye," which is great advice. (BTW, I can spot anybody else's typos but my own!-LOL)
Jun 7, 2017