South Bend, IN
A male asked:

I took a preventative dose of 200mg doxycycline mono and was able to to donate plasma. did donating plasma take the antibiotics from my system?

Odd statement: They should not have collected your plasma if you took any antibiotics in the days prior to selling/donating this product. You place anyone who receives the material at risk of a life threatening allergic reaction if they have an allergy to that material. Yes, you pass some of the antibiotic into any body fluids.
Dr. Umesh Patel
Dr. Umesh Patel commented
Preventive Medicine 42 years experience
You should notify the blood bank ASAP so they are aware of the error.
Dec 6, 2016

Last updated Dec 6, 2016