U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Redmond, WA
A female asked:

Can i use potassium iodide to get rid of an internal hordeolum? if so, do i apply it right to the eyelid?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Frank Kuitems
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Well : Not a good idea see a primary care doctor optometrist or ophthalmologist for specific diagnosis and treatment should not really treat this yourself
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 6, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.