is it safe to take florastor (sacc boulaardi) after wisdom tooth extraction, or will the yeast get into my bloodstream through the open wound?

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
20 years experience Hospital-based practice
Capsule? Pill?: If Florastor is a capsule, like I suspect, then you shouldn't have any problems as long as you swallow the capsules whole (as they are meant to be). By swallowing the capsule intact, the yeast won't be released until the capsule coating gets dissolved, which occurs in the intestines (the stomach acid starts the process but the yeast is released in the small intestine). I think you'll be safe. GL!
Answered on Feb 12, 2017
1