U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

I'm 21. recently i started losing my hair a lot. within a month my forehead's hair is gone.how can i stop my baldness?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Dermatologist: A dermatologist can determine whether the hair loss is permanent or temporary. Appropriate tests like thyroid function may be ordered. This may be genetic and other males in your family may be affected. Propecia or topical minoxidil may be prescribed and may be helpful.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 1, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.