India

i am a chronic carrier of typhoid since many years. antibiotics fails to cure it as the bacteria form biofilms in body. how to destroy biofilm?

Awaiting discovery: Haven't heard of a way to prevent the formation of typhoid biofilms or to remove them. Research is surely underway to do just that. Biofilms are mixtures of bacteria and their associated polysaccharides, glycoproteins, glycolipids, extracellular DNA, etc., together called extracellular polymeric substances. Biofilms make an infection harder to treat and harder for one's immune system to eradicate.