I have been wearing slightly tight shoes for five days since the third day my big toe feels partly numb and it has not stopped for 3 days what to do?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Numb toe: Relax!! Your primary doctor will take good care of you! If you have to wait a day or two, you might have your Dad or Mum take you to the Emergency facility. Everything should work out OK!
Dr. David Wiebe
Emergency Medicine 21 years experience
Neurapraxia: This is like a bruising of the nerve. It can take days to weeks to resolve, but it usually does. Avoid further damage by wearing very loose shoes for now.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Paresthesia.: You are feeling the effects of putting pressure on the nerve that protects the inside of the big toe. The feeling is called paresthesia and will subside with time. Avoid wearing the shoe as repeated injury to the nerve could cause a more permanent problem.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017