I had my sweat glands removed a week ago. I have staples, i now have a large lump/ knot right above my staples. Its red and tender. Is this normal?

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Specializes in Family Medicine
No, it's not normal.: It may be an infection around the staple. Or your body may be trying to "get rid" of the staple. Or a remaining sweat gland is accumulating sweat b/c the pore (exit) is blocked. You will need to follow up to have staples removed anyway. Ask about this when you follow up. If the lump is really bothering you, getting worse or is associated with fever, follow up ASAP. Dr. Anne
Answered on Oct 13, 2016
1