U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Quakertown, PA
A 48-year-old male asked:

I have a horrible rash on my crotch, testicles and it is now in between my buttocks. it is red and blotchy, and burns and itches terribly.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Fungal infection: What you described suggests a fungal infection, like ringworm or jock itch. You may try over the counter medication for ringworm, like Lamisil. If that does not resolve the issue in a week or so, it would be prudent to see a doctor. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Drink enough water daily so that your urine is mostly colorless. Practice safe sex.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 7, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.