U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Albany, NY
A 46-year-old female asked:

Red rash around my mouth nose and eyes itches and burns what can it be have had on and off for years it's at it's worse now?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bruce Saran
Ophthalmology 35 years experience
Allergic Eczema : Patients with severe allergies get inflammation on the eyelids and around the eyes and at the corners of the mouth. This is a skin inflammation called atopic dermatitis. Try switching to hypoallergenic soap and consider an allergy pill like loratidine and a mositerizer like cetaphil or lubriderm (unscented). If it does not go away or gets worse (more red or weepy) go to your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 10, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.