Columbus, OH

just got out of cam walker for lat.malleolus frac. but the medial side of my foot is what really hurts.it's swollen. is just bc of atrophy of muscle?

Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery 54 years experience
?: Many times in a fx such as ur's a medial ligament tear goes undiagnosed soooo u need a 2nd opinion from an ankle specialist. A tear may have been overlooked. Depends upon if this is the case & if 2 long since injury a primary repair may not b an option but if u r 2 far out, a reconstruction will b required. Seak out a good ankle surgeon, orthopedic.
Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry 40 years experience
Ankle fracture: Yes..It may be disuse atrophy. And, then again, it may be a torn ligament, capsuiitis, torn tendon....And so on. Go back and see your doctor. And get it checked out.