U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Braintree, MA
A 20-year-old female asked:

I have hashimoto thyroiditis, and hypothyroidism. would it be in my best interest to have a specialist along with my primary doctor?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 61 years experience
YES: A Board Certified ENDOCRINOLOGIST should evaluate you once year (if all is "going well")! Hope this helps! Dr Z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 23, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.