Erie, PA

i have a small pea size to marble size squishy lump on my collar bone that moves around. should it be checked?

Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Yes: Either a benign fatty tumor or an inflamed lymph node- requires exam and evaluation.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery 54 years experience
Sorry U had 2-: -wait so long. There are lymph nodes in the area, & this may B what it is. That would B my "guess". It really needs a hands on exam & possible images 2 really get an educated answer. Start with Ur PCP & get referrals if needed. Many times these R present 4 a long time, but when U 1'st notice it, U think it just appeared suddenly. As a med student I had a node Bhind my L ear & was sure I was 2die.
Dr. Kevin Strohmeyer
Orthopedic Surgery 28 years experience
Yes: Don't be alarmed-I would recommend you make an appointment to see your regular doctor about the lump. Most lumps do not represent a serious disease or condition, but in some cases they might be something more concerning. It would be very easy for your primary care doctor to check out the lump and make sure it is nothing dangerous or how to best evaluate and treat the lump.