NY

had ruptured ovarian cyst due to fluid found in pelvis from ct scan. have been nauseous for a week & spitting constantly since then - help!

Dr. Harry Zegel
Radiology 50 years experience
See Answer: The ovaries are dynamic organs, with developing follicles that mature, “rupture” – and release the egg at about 22-25mm, and regress. This physiology may cause “mittelschmerz” or ovulation pain that could last for a few days. This is not uncommonly accompanied by some slight fluid in the cul –de - sac or adnexal areas of the pelvis. If symptoms or concern persist please see your dr. To insure.