Hong Kong

Is it possible for a urti to last for more than 1 year, if not treated accordingly? symptoms haven't changed or progressed, but still exist.

Dr.
Unlikely: It is possibly allergies, a post nasal drip or some other problem. You should see a doctor!
Dr. Marissa Chesney
General Practice 13 years experience
Not normally: You did not mention your symptoms, and I assume that you mean upper respiratory tract infection. It is not normal for that to last a year, but often what is called an upper respiratory tract infection is actually allergies or a side effect of medication (such as a cough from Lisinopril or other ACE-I) or reflux or asthma. It would be best for you to be examined by your doctor.
Dr.
URTI: If symptoms are lasting continuously for a year it is unlikely to be URTI . Need to look at other causes like allergies, hay fever . Pl see your doctor.
Last updated Nov 23, 2016