Thailand

after using toothpaste i brush a second time with cinnamon powder. gums became sore and mouth hurt. could cinnamon cause oral issues? antibacterial.

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Cinnamon: Cinnamon can be very irritating to the soft tissues of the mouth. If you want to use something antibacterial, use one of the name brand antiseptic mouthwashes preferably one that is alcohol free. Read the ingredients. Look for one with as few ingredients as possible.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Yes, it can: Oral tissues are sensitive. Overuse of certain substances can irritate or even burn the tissues. Just because cinnamon is antibacterial does not make it suitable as a dentifrice.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Cinnamon: The cinnamon can be irritating to your gum tissue. Stop using it and see how this changes and improves your tissues. Good rushing and flossing alone are enough to remove the bacteria from you teeth and gums, but if you need more try Listerine.