U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old female asked:

I have bad gerd i'm 23, when i eat i feel the food getting stuck swallowing hurts burp a lot of acid, what could this be? waited 7months for endo stil

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
You may: have an esophogeal SPASM or STRICTURE (Narrowing) You can try a H-2 blocker (example PEPCID AC or ZANTAC (ranitidine) ) OTC and use an antacid liquid (Maalox, Gelusil) until your endoscopy! Hope this helps! Dr Z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.