tingling throughout the body that leads to twitching/jerking that occurs during the day and night. epilepsy is in my family but my diagnosis was negat?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Madhu Kandarpa
9 years experience Nephrology and Dialysis
Rule out epilepsy: Probably not epilepsy but is important to see your primary care physician first and if necessary a Neurologist.
Answered on Mar 1, 2017
Dr. Mark Fisher
34 years experience Neurology
Twitching/jerking: Not all twitching and jerking is epilepsy. it may not be epilepsy but it's still a neurological problem. if your negat diagnosis of epilepsy was made by a neurologist, go back & ask, "If it isn't epilepsy, then what is it? Just give me a name to put on it." Then learn everything you can about what (s)he tells you it is. Caution: A lot of things in medicine don't have a neat, tidy explanation.
Answered on Nov 27, 2017