U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Saudi Arabia
A 51-year-old male asked:

Why excessive sugar intake can lead to diabetes? and can exercise help in this case?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Girish Desai
Specializes in Integrative Medicine
Yes: yes but best to reduce simple sugar/carbohydrate
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 17, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.